Now How the Dress and Blouse Evolved
















I already wrote this blog and didn't save as I was editing pictures and I lost it. LOL I just love when that happens. I just got the crestless pumpkin pie baking that the kids begged me to make so now I can redo this!
I had the velor dress that is nicely embellished but it was a too big. I need an occassion to wear it before I worked on it to make it fit me. So the other day Randy and I were invited to attend a fundraiser formal dinner at the CSU Ballroom. Well with the weather a little chill I need a light jacket to wear because the dress has spaghetti straps. I took the dress in on the side seam, crisscrossed the straps at the back to take up the slack and I added a silver ruffle to the top of the bodice at neckline to tie in the silver jacket I made to wear with the dress. With the silver blouse I cut off about 9 to 10 inches, turned up to form a casing that I added elastic to so it make the jacket more fitted. I added 1/2" black ribbon to tie the jacket close with a bow. With the left over scraps fromt he blouse I made a purse which I embellished with a black tassle, braided silver trim for the shoulder strap. Please let me know what you think.





Comments

Unknown said…
You are amazing... I could just sit here read and looking at the designs ideas all day.

As I know, too bad that I am sewing challenged. Even after to courses of sewing lessons.... still bearly can sew on a button. Need my seamstress to move back to Texas so she can teach me to sew and make wonderful items that you create.

Miss our fun sewing and crafting!
Melanie

Popular posts from this blog

Metal Zipper Jewelry