Hearty Chili Mac

This was an easy and AMAZING Crock-Pot dinner! I thought it was pretty good but my husband said it was AMAZING and that's all I need to hear to make this again. Here you go:
1 pound 90% lean ground beef
1 Can diced tomates, drained - I used Rotel and I didn't drain it
1 Cup chopped onion
1 tbsp chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups cooked macaroni - I used shells because that's what I had.
Brown beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat stirring to break up meat. Drain fat and transfer to Crock-Pot, add tomatoes (or Rotel), onion, chili powder, garlic, salt, cumin, oregano red pepper flakes and black pepper, mix well.
Cover, cook on Low 4 hours
Stir in macaroni, cover cook 1 hour
I also brown my beef the night before to save some time in the morning. I cooked on keep warm for 8 hours and when I got home I cooked the shells put them in a large bowl covered the shells with the Crock-Pot mix and covered with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Wow, it was good and I think EASY!!! Enjoy and let me know what you think. And remember to always wear an apron for those mishaps in the morning can really start your day off on the wrong foot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metal Zipper Jewelry