Some great Greek-Style Chicken

Yesterday I made some Greek-Style Chicken and it was AWESOME!! After a long day at work I don't feel like cooking much so that is why I love crockpot recipes. I recently purchased a new crock-pot recipe book. The recipes are easy and they use most of the ingredients you have in your pantry. If you're interested in trying it here is the recipe:

6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used chicken breast because we all like white meat)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1 table spoon olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
Hot cooked orzo or rice

Remove visible fat from chicken; sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on all sides. Place in Crock-Pot slow cooker.
Add broth, lemon, olives, garlic and oregano to Crock-Pot slow cooker

Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve or over orzo or rice.

It's so so easy and delicious. I love coming home to a house that smells like someone slaved in the kitchen for hours. Yummy!!

I know that it's fun to try new recipes so I hope you all like this one. Please let me know if you try it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metal Zipper Jewelry